If you are thinking of applying for a grant or donation, whether for an organisation or an individual, these guidelines might be of interest. But remember, they are just that – guidelines – and nothing is carved in tablets of stone.
- Only in very exceptional circumstances will we make a grant or donation that is of no benefit specifically to the residents of the city of Brighton & Hove. Other Lions Clubs cover other areas – including Rottingdean & Saltdean.
- We prefer to fund or donate towards a specific project and very rarely donate towards general running costs.
- We want to know how much the project is going to cost and how any difference between the grant requested and the total cost is to be raised.
- If you are applying on behalf of an organisation, we like to see the latest annual accounts. If these are more than six months old, up-to-date management accounts should also be sent.
- If you are applying on behalf of a specific individual or small group such as a family, please explain why that person or group needs financial assistance.
- In the case of an organisation, please explain who will benefit, ie elderly people in Mile Oak, pre-school children in Coldean, or similar.
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com or by post to Brighton Lions Club, Lions Dene, The Deneway, Brighton, BN1 5AZ.